Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday >><< Bedside Prayer

Ello! My name is Haley :) I am currently a college student and live in south Texas. 

Tonight I wanted to share a little something from my bedside prayer. Bedside Prayer is just what I call these little cards I have in this nice clear box on my night stand. The box was a gift to me when I was a little girl. It contains a bunch of cards that have a verse on one side and a prayer on the other.
When my parents were in dental school, my mom would slip a little card similar to these into my dads cubby. One everyday. :) <--that's just a little background side note about why I like these little prayer/verse cards. So sometimes I may post about a bedside prayer or bedside verse. 

Tonight's prayer says: "Lord, some days I feel weighted down by the routine. Help me now to rejoice in your presence." 

What a great prayer to be prayed tonight! Lately I've caught myself getting caught up in routine and not making a daily extra effort to recognize Christ in my life or do something out of the ordinary for Him that day. We should never be at a "comfortable" place in our relationship with Christ. Join me in trying to recognize and rejoice in The Lord everyday in everything we do! :) to not get caught up, too busy, irritated, stressed, or worried with the worldly things of each day but remember The Lord is there and with Him, those little irritating things of life don't matter.

Hope everyone has a blessed night! <3
XOXOhaley.

No comments:

Post a Comment